Gac Extract Powder applications for Functional Foods, Functional Beverages and Dietary Supplements. The products are consistently produced and controlled in accordance with the quality standards of ISO/GMP/HACPP/HALAL.
100% NATURAL INGREDIENTS, Extraction with DI water and make high quality granules of all materials by Spray Drying of powders process without chemical substances, Natural Unflavored, Nothing Added and Naturally Delicious.
|Appearance||Orange to orange brown powder|
|Bulk density (g/cc)||0.30-0.60|
|% Moisture||< 10%|
|Tested Active Ingredients||Beta-carotene > 100.0 mg%|
|Extraction Type||Solvent Extraction|
|Extract Solvent||Deionized Water|
|Use / Dosage||>Click here for more details on FDA.|
|Applications||Food supplement, Beverage, Herbal drinks|
|Source of vitamin A, Lycopene and B-carotene to promote healthy|
|Increase immune function|
|Improve and protect eye cells|
|Natural sun protection|
|Repairs damaged skin|
|Treatment for hair loss|
|Relieve the cough and sore throat, reduce sputum|
|Others Name||Fak kao, Chinese cucumber|
|Storage||Keep closed, Dry, Dark and Cool place|
|Shelf-Life||12 months after manufacturing date|
|Quality Assurance||Guarantee specification|
|Safety Specification||Under FDA standard of Heavy metals, Microorganism and Pesticides controlling|
|Product note||This product is food ingredient, not instant food|
Gac Extract Powder
Gac Extract Powder 100% is an extract made from the fruit of Gac, Momordica cochinchinensis species. It have mainly emphasised the phytochemicals or bioactive com-pound contents especially carotenoid pigments. The fruit also contained up to 200 times more lycopene than hydroponic tomatoes, 10-54 times more β-carotene than carrots and 40 times more zeaxanthin than corn. Several studies investigated the ability of Gac fruit extract to inhibit and suppress the proliferation of several cancer cell lines via various mechanisms and act as antioxidants.
The protein content of the Gac seed kernels and rich in trypsin inhibitors, which had high anticancer potential against two melanoma cell lines. Gac peel and pulp had the highest antioxidant activity due to it contains significantly higher amounts of lycopene and relatively high levels of β-carotene. These nutrients have proved to be beneficial to humans. Therefore, it is of interest to produce a stable and convenient Gac extract powder by using drying technique that the powder can be used as a nutrient supplement and/or a natural red-orange colourant.
Mechanism of action for Gac extract powder
- Anti cancer : Gac contains substantial lycopene and beta-carotene that have proven to reduce the risk of various cancers. It was also recently found that this fruit contains a specific protein that inhibits the proliferation of cancerous cells.
- Sunlight protection : Both the lycopene and lutein in gac fruit significantly reduced the activity of ‘indicator genes’ in the skin. These genes act as markers of photoageing and inflammation, two key signs of damage inflicted by sunlight.
- Skin whitening treatment : Lycopenen in gac fruit able to block the formation of melanin pathways, decrease cytokines, and increase antioxidants which help maintain the skin’s white and youthful appearance. It also contains vitamins and minerals that stimulates rebuilding of the collagen subcutaneous structures as well as prevents the appearance of wrinkles. Gac extract has potential utility as an antioxidant and tyrosinase inhibitor in food supplement and skin care products. Some research has found that the tyrosinase activity was inhibited by 60% by Gac extract, more than the acceptable value (50%) for creams that produce a whitening effect. Gac extract had greater tyrosinase inhibitory activity than vitamin C 40% and greater activity than vitamin E 30%.
- Prevention and treatment of eye : The carotenoids content such as zeaxanthin, lutein and especially β-carotene and lycopene in gac fruit, all compounds that protect the eye from light damage. The human body cannot synthesize these compounds, so they have to be introduced by the foods we eat.
Product Safety and Warranty Information
- The product is manufactured through a certified process by leading organizations and has certification for industry standards that can be referenced.
- It has undergone food safety testing based on standards such as microbe and heavy metal testing, as well as contamination screening.
- The product is a raw material for industrial use, not a finished product. Users must have the knowledge and appropriate tools for using the raw material.
- The product is warranted according to the specifications, please refer to the terms and conditions for details.